Isles of Scilly Zostera Research Group - 1-8 August 2009

No red tides on the Isles of Scilly, just crystal clear waters and some excellent diving. A big thank you to all on the trip, especially EVA for making it a great week. It was my first year and I learned a huge amount as well as having a lot of fun! Not to mention learning how to use the macro function on my camera, as you can see with the new title photo!! Although it was my first year, the group has been going to St Marys for over 14 years, where they conduct hugely important research into the spread of wasting disease and the overall health of the Zostera beds on the isles of scilly. Thanks again and I look forward to next year (if I'm allowed).

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yeah was great fun and very informative for me too. The Zostera survey is a fantastic piece of research which is producing valuable long term data on the health of Zostera. Long may it continue.